The team at Sandymouth Holiday Resort have a vacancy for a Maintenance Assistant to join them at their five star resort in Bude, Cornwall!
The successful candidate will assist the team in the upkeep of all company buildings and guest accommodation. This will involve responding to maintenance requests from guests on site, assisting with renovation projects and attending to any planned daily maintenance tasks.
Working with team to ensure the appearance of the resort is kept up to the five star standard.
To be successful in this role, previous experience within maintenance is essential.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays so full flexibility is required.
This role is perfect for anyone searching for grounds or maintenance positions within a commutable distance of Bude and the surrounding areas.
Key responsibilities -
- Assist in the maintenance of guest accommodation and company buildings
- Complete maintenance jobs as requested by the Reception team and General Manager
- Assist in completion of any renovation projects or redecoration
- Complete any planned daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks
- Work within the grounds team to complete general grounds maintenance
- Ensure the resort is kept clean and free of debris
- Complete any necessary paperwork following repairs and maintenance
What experience you will need -
- Previous experience preferred
- Previous maintenance experience is an advantage
What skills you will need -
- Driving licence is essential, as you will be required to use the buggies or vehicles at the site
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
What we offer -
- Competitive rate of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions