Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure?
We are looking for an experienced Prep Chef to join our team at our Stag on the River pub, located in the picturesque Hamlet of Lower Eashing, next to Godalming, to support in maintaining and evolve our premium food offering.
The hours for this role will be Thursday to Monday each week, from 7am to 3:30pm, with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. Your role will include preparing and cooking breakfast at the weekend for our hotel guests and prepping and delivering lunch service during the week. You will also be responsible for dealing with deliveries of stock in the mornings however you will not be expected to be a key holder as our hotel team will be there to open in the mornings.
· Hourly wage of £9.50 to £10.50 per hour
· Share of gratuities circa £4,000 per annum, paid monthly
Our support to you
· 3% maximum pension contribution
· 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs
· Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
· Guaranteed Christmas day off
· Increased annual leave through length of service.
· Free meals on duty
· Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
· Regular social events and familiarisation trips
· Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
· Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
· Involvement in our charity days and events
What we need from you
· A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
· A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
· An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
· Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
· A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
· Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
· Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
· To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
· Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
· Patience. The skills to be able to support with developing others in the kitchen team
· Ambition and drive to keep learning and to succeed
· High Standards at all times, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly