Housekeeper - Skipton
Reporting To: Executive Housekeeper
Responsible For: Bedrooms, Corridors & Public Areas
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa Country Estate & Spa is an award-winning destination hotel near Skipton on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
We are a family run, privately owned organisation founded in 1969 by the Bannister family, who are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business. Over the past 50 years our 1,400 acre estate has gone from strength-to-strength and now boasts 71 bedrooms, two luxury self-catering cottages, The View Restaurant, Macleod’s Bar & Lounge and a Five-Bubble rated spa – Nàdarra Spa - as well as an array of on-site activities such as clay pigeon shooting, 4x4 off-roading, archery, fishing, e-biking and walking.
The vast range of activities, combined with flexible function spaces, makes The Coniston a popular choice with corporates, attracting off-site meetings and team building sessions from clients across the UK and abroad. We are also recognised as a leading wedding and private events venue in our region, with a tailor-made offering from an intimate barn ceremony to a magnificent marquee reception, as well as a range of picture perfect outside locations.
We prides ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and take great pleasure in building relationships with guests. Everyone that walks through our doors instantly becomes part of our story; and we feel privileged to be part of theirs too.
As a member of our housekeeping and public area cleaning team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all rooms and corridors in the hotel are presented to our high standards. The Coniston Hotel has built its success on delivering the highest standards. This means Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance, and Atmosphere. Your job will be to make sure we deliver on our promise for cleanliness.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure that bedrooms are cleaned to the agreed service standards using the bedroom COVID checklist.
- Following COVID procedures for cleanliness throughout the business.
- Cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, flipping mattresses.
- Cleaning and vacuuming the corridors.
- Liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Adopting good working practices to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Supporting the public area cleaners as required.
- Previous experience of working as a cleaner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations.
- Flexible approach to working hours and tasks as business needs dictate.
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook.
- Previous experience of working as a cleaner or housekeeper in a four star hotel and conference venue.