Spa Therapist - Skipton
Reporting To: Spa General Manager & Head Therapist
Responsible For: Spa Treatments
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa Country Estate & Spa is an award-winning destination hotel near Skipton on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
We are a family run, privately owned organisation founded in 1969 by the Bannister family, who are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business. Over the past 50 years our 1,400 acre estate has gone from strength-to-strength and now boasts 71 bedrooms, two luxury self-catering cottages, The View Restaurant, Macleod’s Bar & Lounge and a Five-Bubble rated spa – Nàdarra Spa - as well as an array of on-site activities such as clay pigeon shooting, 4x4 off-roading, archery, fishing, e-biking and walking.
The vast range of activities, combined with flexible function spaces, makes The Coniston a popular choice with corporates, attracting off-site meetings and team building sessions from clients across the UK and abroad. We are also recognised as a leading wedding and private events venue in our region, with a tailor-made offering from an intimate barn ceremony to a magnificent marquee reception, as well as a range of picture perfect outside locations.
We prides ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and take great pleasure in building relationships with guests. Everyone that walks through our doors instantly becomes part of our story; and we feel privileged to be part of theirs too.
To provide a range of treatments to members and customers of Nàdarra Spa ensuring they are met in a professional, timely and efficient manner to support in achieving the departmental budget and standards.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To carry out treatments to the highest of standards.
- To carry out treatments as per the trained protocol including product, time, methods.
- To ensure treatments are started on time and that the guest receives the correct length of treatment.
- To keep the treatment room clean and welcoming to guests and use the standard room layout.
- To always leave a treatment room ready to be used by another therapist.
- To report any unusual occurrences immediately to your line manager.
- To be able to work shifts with maximum flexibility as and when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties as imposed by the needs of the business and requested by a senior manager.
- To carry out accurate and timely monthly stock takes.
- To strive to achieve both personal and departmental targets.
- To attend departmental induction and company orientation training.
- To be available for external supplier training and to represent the company standards at all times whilst on external training courses.
- To support excellent working relationships within the department.
- To follow the SOP’s for all leave (holiday, un-paid, sickness).
- To attend and contribute in all training booked by management.
- To adhere to company dress code and to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- To record appropriate client information on spa software.
- Attend and contribute in monthly departmental meetings.
SALES & MARKETING
- To proactively sell spa retail and rebook member treatments.
- To proactively drive sales in all areas of the business.
- To achieve daily targets.
- To actively sell promotional activity and encourage bookings for events.
- To ensure leaflets, around the business are constantly available and the area is tidy at all times.
- Maintain data integrity of any electronic stock control system, point of sale and spa software.
HEALTH & SAFETY/LEGAL
- Ensure medical history and contra-indications checks are completed before every treatment.
- Be fully proficient in recognising contra-indications for treatments trained to deliver.
- Ensure that all departmental equipment used is maintained and in good working order.
- To always use the correct cleaning materials and in the correct manner at all times as laid down by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, (COSHH) Regulations 1988 and maintain your department COSHH Register.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Proactively support the Health and Safety Policy of Nàdarra Spa in conjunction with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Comply with the Fire Safety Policy of Nàdarra Spa.
- To follow first aid procedures in the event of dealing with an accident.
- Ensure you are familiar with the health and safety regulations laid out by the Nàdarra Spa.
- To deal with any accidents quickly, efficiently and following the correct procedure.
- To identify, deal with and alert the manager to any H&S issue.
- Attend and contribute to Health & Safety Meetings as required.
- A passion for customer service excellence.
- Beauty Therapy qualification NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Exceptional treatment standards and customer care.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Reliable, efficient and pro-active.
- Keen for personal development and learning.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Previous work experience in a similar role.
- Further beauty qualifications.
- Training of our spa brands.
- Knowledge and understanding of our spa brands.
- Experience of working with spa software.
- Experience of offering Hot Stone Massage/Hot Poultice treatments.
- Trained in cancer treatments.
- Trained in pregnancy treatments.