BREAKFAST CHEF - STANBROOK ABBEY HOTEL, WORCESTER
If you are a Chef who likes getting up and on with it in the mornings, perhaps has childcare responsibilities after school or someone who just wants their afternoons and evenings to themselves, then we would encourage you to apply. Of course you need to be an experienced Chef who knows their way round a professional kitchen and can cook eggs every which way you can think of!
As a Hand Picked Breakfast Chef you will lead the hotel’s breakfast service 5 days a week to include weekends (as these are often the busiest shifts). Normal working hours will be from 6am - 2.30pm.
Our guests are offered hot plated breakfasts to order, including favourites like a full English breakfast, eggs Benedict and omelettes, so you will be an expert multi-tasker and deliver perfection every time!
This role involves working alone on quieter shifts, although support will always be provided by another member of the kitchen brigade during peak service times.
After service our Breakfast Chefs often support with preparing lunch for the Hotel Team. This is one of the most important jobs in the kitchen, as happy staff = happy guests! The candidate we are looking for will also enjoy taking on this role and creating delicious and nutritious dishes for staff on a daily basis.
Any live in candidates would be required to be more flexible with regards to the hours and shifts that they are required to work - some evening shifts will also be required in return for the on site accommodation.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary – Our Breakfast Chefs are paid hourly and work 40 - 45 hours per week, with any agreed overtime being paid
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have previous experience in a similar role
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’’ll be able to deliver the best possible to start to someone’s day by cooking high quality breakfasts
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all you will be a morning person with an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel is a luxury hotel with 70 bedrooms - its is a popular wedding, afternoon tea and leisure destination.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.