The Newt in Somerset Visitor Attraction Host
Casual Part Time
Weekend and Bank Holiday working necessary
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
The Visitor Attraction Team are dedicated to making our visitors and guests welcome and to enjoy every aspect of the Newt in Somerset. This could include, greeting visitors at the gate house, offering suggestions for the day, organising assistance with accessibility, restaurant and exhibition reservations. They are the first and last members of the team to see our guests so therefore make the most lasting impressions of our own style of Newt Hospitality!
Under the direct supervision of the Visitor Experience Manager and Exhibits Manager, our hosts meet and greet guests at the entrance to the estate or in the Threshing Barn, and subsequently assist them in our innovative exhibits and throughout the estate. Strong interpersonal skills are paramount, especially when under pressure. We are looking for a person who can respond to guests needs and anticipate their unstated ones to ensure their day is memorable for all the right reasons!
This wide-ranging role will include meeting and greeting visitors, having a thorough knowledge, and understanding of the facilities and services available throughout the estate, manning the ticketing area and whatever may be required to make the visitor experience memorable.
The Estate is a 7 day week operation with weekends probably being the busiest. Therefore the role requires flexibility with regard to availability.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities