The Newt in Somerset - Food and Beverage Staff
Food & Beverage is at the heart of the Estate and encompasses a multitude of venues including the Garden Café, Cyder Bar, Gelato Room & Story of Gardening, with more venues expected to open as we further grow.
As a F&B department, we pride ourselves on our fresh, quality, produce along with the highest standard of service. We strive for excellence and a keen eye for detail as well as unity, flexibility and a genuine passion for good food & beverage.
In the team member role, you will assist with the smooth running of service in all Food &Beverage venues where required. You will be happy to work as part of a team who are passionate about hospitality and food and beverage. The prime focus will be on our guest’s experience and supporting your team The common goal is to ensure as a front of house team, you deliver and uphold the standard estate wide.
You will be willing to learn, delivering impeccable service and able to follow our steps of service.
Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business. Being able to have the passion and drive to tell our guests our story and how and why we do things the way we do at The Newt is essential.
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- To provide high quality, on trend, hot & cold beverages in a timely fashion
- Ensure daily upkeep and cleanliness of the bar & coffee machine ensuring equipment is maintained
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with guests
- Supporting other team members within the whole department
- Following systems to uphold presentation and upkeep of the department
- Ensure you have great menu knowledge, learning from team leaders, giving you confidence in your delivery
- Willing to be flexible in different styles of service
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Waiter/Waitress (1 year) role is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a Bartender/Barista role (1 year) is required
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Confidence in talking to others
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities