We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Sous Chef to help lead our skilled kitchen team.
As Senior Sous Chef you are a vital part of our brigade and will support the Exec Chef. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Exec Chef.
Your day to day;
- Assisting the Exec Chef with effective kitchen management
- Deputising for the Exec Chef in their absence
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in the kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
- Being aware of and supporting the delivery of financial targets
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important. Proven previous experience is essential. If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment