Residential Venue Manager - Yorkshire
Activate are looking to hire an experienced staff member to manage a large residential site that will be hosting a Pop-Up Outdoor Activity Centre during a National Citizen Service (NCS) programme.
NCS is a unique opportunity for 15 - 17 year olds to build skills for work and life. During the programme, approximately 150 participants will spend a week at the residential site taking part in a range of outdoor adventure activities, water sports, team building and games.
This is a short-term contract to work two separate weeks during summer: 11th July - 16th July AND 2nd August - 6th August. The successful applicant will be required to stay residentially at the site in Ampleforth, North Yorkshire during these dates.
You will be earning £100.08 per day with overtime paid per hour if required.
We are happy to welcome candidates from across the country as this is a residential role. You will need to be able to get yourself to and from the site on the start/end dates above.
- Ensure safe, smooth running of all activity of the venue and it’s facilities
- Responsible for the NCS timetable cooperating with other site staff to make sure all equipment and sites are ready for scheduled activities
- Responsible for managing the control office on site
- Follow and maintain all health & safety procedures
- Follow all fire safety procedures and ensure all fire marshalls and regulations are notified and met for each week
- Manage the evacuation process from all buildings in the case of fire-alarm or other emergencies
- Work alongside the Stores & Equipment Coordinator, the Outdoor Activities Team and any External Activity Providers to ensure the smooth running of the NCS programme at the site
- Respond to any problems and emergencies effectively and quickly
- Engage with the young people, activities and the NCS programme on site
- Complete any other programme related tasks
- Experience managing residential venues and facilities
- Experience managing a busy site with multiple or large bookings
- Knowledge of and experience managing/working in an outward bound centre
- Ability to quickly understand and follow timetables and schedules, and be able to adapt and respond to any changes as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of healthy & safety procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of fire safety practices and evacuation protocols
- Management experience able to lead and motivate a team of staff
- Strong organisational and communication skills
*Valid Driving Licence and the use of your own Vehicle*
Why work for us…
- Receive full support and training before the NCS programme starts
- Work with like-minded people to support young people and make a difference
- Boarding and food costs are included and will not be deducted from your agreed pay rate
- Gain fantastic, nationally recognised experience working with young people
*Every candidate will be submitted for an Enhanced DBS Check once offered a role*