NCS Wave Manager - Lyme Regis, Dorset
Do you want to work with and inspire young people?
Join us on the NCS Programme this summer!
NCS is a unique, once in a life time opportunity for 15 – 17 year olds to build skills for work and life. You’ll be responsible for multiple NCS teams at a time throughout their NCS journey (3 – 4 weeks).
During the programme you will…
- Responsible for the smooth running of the NCS programme
- Lead and organise all staff who are managing their individual teams of young people
- Be available for any support or guidance needed for the young people or staff in your teams
- Maintain high levels of care and safety
- Respond to any issues / emergencies effectively and quickly
- Ensure the maximum achievement and performance of the NCS groups
- Support the NCS’ objectives of Social Cohesion, Engagement and Integration
Week 1/2 – 2 x Residential Stays (Mon – Fri)
- Manage and organise multiple teams whilst they take part in a variety of activities such as water sports, outdoor adventure, team building and life skills
Week 3/4 – Back in your local community (30 or 60 hours)
- Oversee your teams whilst they take part in a social action project within their local area
Whilst having fun you can earn from £1140 (for the 3-week programme) up to £1419 (for the 4-week programme)!!!
We’re looking for…
- Strong organisation, motivation and presentation skills
- Experience of managing and inspiring a team of staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in and enjoys working with young people
- Experience of health and safety, and safeguarding procedures
- Previous experience in a residential setting is desirable
Interested? Submit your application. It’s really simple - once registered we’ll arrange a telephone interview with you and then invite you to our recruitment and training days.