Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at Red Mist Leisure.
In early 2022 we will be completing a full refurbishment and re-opening of The Parrot Inn pub, located in Shalford, Surrey. We are looking for the successful Head Chef to start with Red Mist Leisure this summer, ensuring full training and development of our company standards and food offering is completed before leading the launch of this new pub.
You will be an enthusiastic Head Chef who shares our passion for great food. You will be a strong and enthusiastic leader, leading from the front with proven capability of developing, managing and motivating kitchen teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to evolve the specials menu and exceed budgeted commercial expectations through a clear understanding of GP, P&L and labour costs.
You will work closely with the General Manager and company Directors as a key contributor to the success of the pub and Red Mist Leisure.
You will also be key to ensuring a high level of quality fresh, local and seasonal food, to build the strength of our reputation and be first choice in our customer’s eyes.
- Annual salary of £34,000 to £36,000 per annum
- Annual bonus based on agreed criteria and targeted results, paid annually
- Share of gratuities circa £5,000 per annum, paid monthly
What we need from you
- A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
- Successful leadership experience motivating and developing others and to be able to create and shape a team together, retaining people and increasing team morale. You will do this through regular 1:1s and a structured appraisal system, understanding and recognising their development wants and needs to ensure the success of their progression within the business
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An exceptional level of communication to ensure that you remain professional even under moments of pressure
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Ambition and drive, being standards driven to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
- To be strong leader and have the experience to ensure the whole pub operation runs smoothly
- Engagement with our local suppliers to develop trade
- Strong commercial awareness and a real interest in business trends within the pub industry with the ability to maximise profits and reduce costs
- Health & safety aware always, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained, monitored, and recorded correctly.
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as require
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
- Proficient in IT, with an understanding of spread sheets
Other support to you
- Private health care through Westfield Health
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service.
- Free meals on duty
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
- Involvement in our charity days and events