Behind every great pub is a great team of chefs…
Across our family of 10 pubs, our chefs create inventive menus and daily specials that offer seasonal British fare and utilise high-quality ingredients, sourced locally where possible. We truly believe that to deliver the best for our customers, our teams must be happy at work and well looked after. We believe in being open, honest and fair with our team members.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter/Front of House couple who shares our passion for great food and service to join our team at our Stag on the River pub in Lower Eashing, near Godalming. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the kitchen team and front of house team, offering great service, preparing fresh ingredients, ensuring the kitchen operation runs smoothly and dishes are delicious every time.
Live-in accommodation is available with this role.
We have a lot to offer you in return!
Our support to you
· Competitive salary
· Excellent gratuities which all go directly to the people who work in our pubs, including our talented kitchen team
· Free meals on duty
· 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
· Guaranteed Christmas day off
· Increased annual leave through length of service
· 3% maximum pension contribution
· Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
· Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role
· Commitment from us towards ensuring progression opportunities for you
· Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
· Regular social events and familiarisation trips
· Regular in-house team competitions
· Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more…
· Involvement in our charity days and events
What we need from you
· A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
· A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
· An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
· Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
· A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and team members
· Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
· Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
· To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
· Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
· Ambition and drive to keep learning and to succeed·
· High standards at all times, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly