Sous Chef - Pastry - Luton
Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa have an exciting opportunity available for a
Pastry Sous Chef. 40 hours per week, the salary is in the region of £25,000 plus service charge. Live-in accommodation available.
The Pastry Sous Chef role:
Our aim is to create distinctly memorable experiences and so we strive to make every meal an occasion for our guests. As part of our specialist kitchen brigade you will be responsible for all aspects of our pastry department. You will support our Executive Chef and Estate Head Chef in catering for a range of outlets, including our 2 Rosette fine dining restaurant, our Brasserie, afternoon tea, room service and banqueting. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to progress your career and showcase your leadership skills, creativity and passion for pastry supported by an experienced Executive Chef in a 5 star environment.
The Pastry Sous Chef will:
- Have a genuine passion for food and a good understanding of pastry techniques
- Be keen to develop and manage the pastry team and take charge of the pastry kitchen with confidence
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude with the ability to multitask and maintain quality levels at all time
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team
- Possess good time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent is desirable
About the Hotel:
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa one of the country's finest 5 star hotels, is set in the heart of 1065 acres of historic gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown. With our 2 rosette Wernher Restaurant and award winning Adam's Brasserie we are committed to delivering hospitality to the highest standard. Our five star facilities include a luxurious spa, championship golf course, state of the art conference facilities and shooting school.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
Why work at Luton Hoo:
As an accredited Investor in People, we are dedicated to the development of our staff and offer a great range of benefits:
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- A share of the service charge
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels