Front of House Manager - Chilston Park Hotel, Lenham Kent
Are you an experienced Hotel Head of Department looking for your next Management role? We are looking for a Front of House Manager to lead the Reception and Housekeeping Teams at Chilston Park Hotel.
About the role:
As the Front of House Manager you will play an important role in the Hotels Senior Management Team, supporting the Hotel Operations Manager as required to ensure the smooth running of the business. You will need to be Hotel reception trained, able to cover shifts from the outset as required and will ideally have experience using Opera.
You will be responsible for ensuring our Housekeeping team works together to keep the Hotel and bedrooms beautifully clean and ready for our guests to enjoy. You will also ensure that our reception team is well trained and confident to deliver a warm welcome and outstanding service to all of our guests.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include day time shifts as well as a mixture of earlies 7am - 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm - 11pm. This role will also include weekend working on a rota basis – something you will be responsible for writing for both departments using our rota system Fourth Hospitality.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include an annual reception leaders conference, Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
- You’ll have recent experience working within a hotel ideally in a similar role or in a Reception or Housekeeping Management role - knowledge of Opera is desirable but not essential
- Housekeeping knowledge is required to ensure deep cleaning schedules and stock levels are maintained and You will also be financially aware and have experience managing and controlling tight budgets.
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines will not phase you, even that daily 3pm check in!
- You will be able to lead, motivate and inspire your team members and previous people management experience is therefore essential.
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Chilston Park Hotel is a 53 bedroom 4 Red Star Hotel. It is a popular wedding and afternoon venue and has a 2 rosette restaurant.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.