Production Manager / Head of Production
We are growing and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join our team and head up our Production Kitchen based in SW London.
About the role
You will be responsible for the full production cycle of the food range and the smooth running of the production kitchen. You will be a senior member of the team. As the overall responsible person for production unit operations, you will be liaising with the business leaders, distribution team, suppliers, operations team, Finance, HR and store manager team to ensure that you can meet your targets in accordance with company goals and policies. You'll be in charge of the planning, coordination and control of the food manufacturing processes and systems. You'll make sure our own label products are produced efficiently, in compliance with all food and health and safety regulations, and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost. You will manage a team of operatives to achieve optimum levels of efficiency whilst producing to our restaurant quality standards.
- Initially, you will be responsible for running a brand new dedicated Production Kitchen facility to include: health and safety and food safety compliance, implementing new systems and managing the team
- Organise, implement, oversee and monitor all production systems and processes
- Implement a quality control programme
- Be responsible for the kitchen commercials (revenue and profits, saleability of products, competitiveness in the market etc.)
- Organise workflow to ensure that the production is cost effective, keeping on top of the stock and order system ensuring consistency and carrying out reviews
- Work to set the quality standards and ensure output meets internal quality standards and that due diligence and care is applied at all times to the manufacture and packaging of the product
- Continuously drive improvements working to a “get it right first time” approach to all tasks
- Establish and enforce health and safety standards, procedures and precautions
- Manage/oversee a production team of up to 20 people as well managing a supervisory team of 4 with a focus on team building and living the company values
- Stay relevant in food trends and work closely with the business to develop competitive and appealing new product ranges that reflect our standards of fresh, high quality and delicious
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment and approve maintenance work, purchase of equipment etc.
You will have demonstrable commercial aptitude and experience (ideally within the manufacture of RTE foods, Ready Meals and Sandwiches/Salads); and it is essential that you are able to work in an environment which requires high levels of autonomy. You will preferably have a strong restaurant and food production background as well as proven experience in a food production operations. You have strong knowledge of HACCP, COSHH etc. and are highly literate with computer technology and software programmes, in particular MS Office applications. You are able to grasp concepts easily and work in a logical, systematic manner. Your planning and organisation skills are second to none and you are a persuasive negotiator. You are analytical and adept at finding better ways of working and solutions to problems. You can troubleshoot independently. You are able to communicate with all levels of the business and you understand who we are and what we are trying to achieve. You understand how to motivate a team using our brand standards and values and you have experience of leading and managing a team of 15+. You will be a hard worker who is adaptable to business needs with a positive disposition and resilient nature.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 28 days holiday
- 30% staff discount in-store
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.