Virgin Active are recruiting a full-time Finance Analyst to support and business partner with the Product and Operational teams in the UK business. You will play a key role in a well-respected Finance team, who operate at the core of business decision making. The role has a wide scope, is varied and interesting; providing the successful candidate with a great opportunity to really influence and lead the way with our business performance.
The role reports into the Commercial Finance Manager, and it responsible for the ownership of the Personal Training (PT) business strategy and implementation of recent business model changes into current strategy. You will adapt financial reporting to remain fit for purpose as the PT business develops in line with overall company strategy. You will work closely with the Head of Fitness and PT Insights Analyst to challenge and drive business performance for the largest product line.
You will also be responsible for forecasting, budgeting and reporting on other product lines including Swim, Juniors, Racquets and Health and Beauty, and work closely with Heads of Product in managing these P+L’s to support decision making and drive business performance.
Financial modelling to analyse feasibility of new business options and initiatives across all product areas is a key part of the role, and you will own club payroll budgeting, forecasting and reporting, understanding variances to budget and mitigating risks and optimising budget cost.
You will identify risks and opportunities within club product P+L performance prior to month end reporting and assessment of potential mitigating actions to support wider forecasting processes. You will have complete ownership of month end P+L and KPI reporting to clubs and key business stakeholders, and reviewing and challenging historical trading results of individual clubs, understanding reasons for trends and variances to budget.
You will be joining a friendly and committed team, and we are looking for someone who is highly ambitious with a passion to learn and the credibility to work closely with the senior leadership team to drive the business forward.
So what qualities does a Finance Analyst need to join Virgin Active?
- You have a part-qualification accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You are commercially minded with an eye for detail – nothing gets by without you noticing
- You have the ability to communicate complex information in a stimulating and meaningful way at all levels and cross-functionally
- You are influential and persuasive, with the ability to work at pace
- You constantly strive for improvement and the ability to embrace change in a positive way
- You are proficient at Excel and experience of Power BI and TM1 systems also preferable
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing