Holiday Services Manager - Tarka Holiday Park
- Location: Tarka Holiday Park
- Salary: £23,000
- Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
- Hours of Work: 5/6 days including weekends.
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
We are looking for a Permanent Holiday Services Manager to join our team at our Tarka Holiday Park.
If you enjoy working with customers and possess excellent administration and organisational skills, then we would love to hear from you.
Located just off the Tarka trail in Ashford, Barnstaple, Tarka is a quiet and tranquil park 10 minutes from Barnstaple town. Tarka is just 25 minutes away from some of North Devon’s most beautiful award-winning beaches, surrounded by golden sand dunes and a real hit with surfers, kite surfers and sun lovers. With easy access to main routes in the area by car, bike and the reliable bus service you are never far away from activities, historical sightseeing opportunities and areas of interest for all ages.
- To offer our Guests a smile at all times and always go above and beyond.
- To call all Guests prior to their arrival to confirm their holidays details.
- To personally check in all Guests as they arrive on park.
- To complete all Welcome Packs with any relevant information
- To work with the Accommodation Manager to ensure Holiday Accommodation is prepared to the highest of standards.
- To manage a budget for the Holiday Sales department, and to monitor and maintain effective control.
- To ensure that the operation meets the legal requirements, such as gas safety certificates and portable appliance testing certificates.
- Prepare and meet annual operating profit targets.
- Closely control all Park expenditure within your department.
- Maximise occupancy of holiday hire fleet.
- Ensure that records are kept on each Holiday Home, such as records of carbon monoxide alarms and smoke alarms.
- To identify possible opportunities to move your department forward.
- To set up and maintain a reliable and efficient system to deal with all correspondence and matters.
- To monitor the standards of work of all cleaners within own area of work, ensuring work is to the agreed operating standards.
- Ensure Lodges/Holiday Homes have keys all counted for.
- To operate a cash point and control monies and reception safe
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (inc bank hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Proven customer service record
- Good PC skills including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A professional and outgoing personality
- A clear understanding of and ability to maintain Company confidentiality at all times.
- The ability to work under own initiative.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Our parks offer high quality facilities, fantastic accommodation, and top-class entertainment – coupled with an idyllic destination, it is the perfect holiday for families that are looking for a combination of holiday fun and relaxation. We have something to suit every taste and budget, ranging from modest but comfortable caravans to luxurious lodges.