Food & Beverage Assistant - Blossom Kitchen - Skipton
- Blossom Kitchen
- Reporting To: Spa Manager | Food & Beverage Manager, Supervisors & Team Leaders
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa Country Estate & Spa is an award-winning destination hotel near Skipton on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
We are a family run, privately owned organisation founded in 1969 by the Bannister family, who are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business. Over the past 50 years our 1,400 acre estate has gone from strength-to-strength and now boasts 71 bedrooms, two luxury self-catering cottages, The View Restaurant, Macleod’s Bar and a Five-Bubble rated spa, as well as an array of on-site activities such as clay pigeon shooting, 4x4 off-roading, archery, fishing, e-biking and walking.
The vast range of activities, combined with flexible function spaces, makes The Coniston a popular choice with corporates, attracting off-site meetings and team building sessions from clients across the UK and abroad. We are also recognised as a leading wedding and private events venue in our region, with a tailor-made offering from an intimate barn ceremony to a magnificent marquee reception, as well as a range of picture perfect outside locations.
We prides ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and take great pleasure in building relationships with guests. Everyone that walks through our doors instantly becomes part of our story; and we feel privileged to be part of theirs too.
- Act as a role model and expert source of advice for junior colleagues
- Responding to guest food and drink orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Understanding menu content, any menu changes and promotional activities
- Ensuring the service area is clean, tidy and well prepared
- Efficiently and accurately managing the settlement of customer accounts
- Answering customer queries in a polite and helpful manner
- Maintaining consistently high standards of customer service
- Obtaining customer feedback cards
- Ensuring all activities are conducted with due regard for personal health and safety and that of others
- Ensuring all activities are conducted within the spirit of the staff code of conduct
- Any other duties as directed
- Previous experience of working front of house
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Passionate about providing great customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of working front of house in a 4 star hotel.