We are now hiring a Head Swim Teacher at Tunbridge Wells Sports Centre!
- 24 hours per week
- Immediate Start
Are you passionate about teaching swimming, and instilling a lifesaving skill in others?
We are recruiting for a Head Swim Teacher, which could just be the perfect job for you.
Our Head Swim Teachers lead the charge to ensure all individuals in the communities in which we operate learn to swim. Learning to swim is not only fun and good exercise, but it could also save a life.
As Head Swim Teacher you will ensure the smooth daily running of the swim school, maximising participation and revenue, mentor and develop a team of Swim Instructors and assist in the sales, promotion and outreach in relation to the swim school.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, develop and monitor the implementation and administration for both the School Swimming and “Learn to Swim” programmes in order to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and Swim England's National Plan for Teaching, including preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity of the swim school programme by teaching (50% of contracted hours), as agreed with General Manager
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the customer, financial and operational demands of the centre
- Co-ordinate and implement staff training and induction sessions
- Provide appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation
- Support primary and secondary schools teachers by coordinating and developing relevant, in-service training
- Assist in programming and promotions through innovatve ideas, and initiating actions to meet the demands of the facility's customers, and the organisational plans and retention programmes
- Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of the Swim School programme and associated outreach and development work
- Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, events and incidents when necessary
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
To be successful as a Fusion Head Swim Teacher, you will have:
- ASA / Swim England Full Teachers Certification Level 2
- Experience of supervising a team including training, development, appraisals, performance management and mentoring staff
- Experience of teaching a diverse customer base
- Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents
- Good Microsoft Office Skills, alongside strong numerical and written skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
- Empathic and caring nature, with the ability to guide appropriate and safe standards of behaviour
- Honest, constructive team-player, with a “can-do”, positive attitude
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free eye tests
- Industry Leading Training
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you are looking further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.