Spa Therapist - Relocate to Somerset - Live in Accommodation Available
Staff accommodation and relocation assistance available
Only a 1h45min train ride from London, The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquillity. Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
Our Spa is no ordinary Hotel Spa! With guest wellbeing at the fore, it sets its own standards through unparalleled design, carefully selected to celebrate the surroundings. Rich in style with Medieval Herb Garden, an extensive array of breath-taking thermal and water facilities including Hammam, Rasul, Halotherapy Room, Picture Window Sauna and Indoor/Outdoor Wild pool with hydrotherapy. The spa has seven treatment rooms, which include spaces for Manicure and Pedicure
We are currently developing the spa with a high focus on the healing power of herbs, nature and a holistic approach in our treatments. We want our guests to feel safe and at home when they visit our spa. To build relationships with our guests is therefore of utmost importance and at the core of our business.
We are seeking therapists who have a strong skill set in personalised customer service and a high standard in performing treatments. Experience with or an affinity to holistic treatments and products with plant-based ingredients. You have an authentic and warm, yet professional personality and you can easily connect to your guests. You are performing exceptional treatments to a world class standard and place your guest at the centre of the experience. You are able to see their needs and concerns on a holistic level and are genuinely interested in their wellbeing.
It lies within your nature to contribute through a highly dedicated approach in your treatments.
This is a role for a self-motivated, confident and personable individual with outstanding attention to detail. Demonstrating and open mind and high capacity for flexibility in a work-environment that is set to grow and change. Ensuring all guest needs are looked after during their experience with us in the spa and on the estate. Ensuring the adherence of SOPs and company policy. Sharing your knowledge with the team and maintain excellent hygiene in your working environment.
- Welcoming guests on arrival
- Deliver world class experience for all guests: Body Treatments, massage, hammam, facials, beauty services
- Proactively assist guest’s with enquiries
- Respond to requests, pre-empting any further enquires guests may have
- Manage guest expectations
- Maintain Hygiene levels around the spa
- To have a full knowledge of the services and products that the estate offers- To help on Spa Reception when required
- Assist colleagues & other departments where required
Skills and Experience
- - A minimum of 4 years spa experience required
- - International Spa Experience
- Speaks fluent English
- Spa Therapy qualification required - Experience in a variety of treatments including Hammam
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management working to treatment times
- Self-motivated with initiative and genuine interest in guest satisfaction
- Problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- Teamworking skills and enjoying working in a team environment
- Microsoft office and basic computer skills
- Willingness to learn and work with a variety of new and exciting treatments
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Generous commission structure- 1 free spa treatment per month- Exclusive use of the Spa and Gym facilities
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities