Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club…… And we need you to get on board to deliver this!
As part of the Customer Experience Team based at Barbican BSO, as a Central Sales specialist you’ll provide outstanding customer service & experience for our new & existing customers as well as clubs across all of the UK. Professionally communicating with our potential customers and working for them to resolve their queries in an efficient manner. You’ll also play an active part in the business achieving the monthly UK sales and retention targets. You’ll have a varied workload and ensure that the prospect’s expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. During every interaction you will be delivering our Customer-Centric strategy setting us up to become the World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand!
We can’t live without……
- Extremely strong interpersonal abilities - it is vital that employees in this role have a genuine interest in wanting to help all our new and existing customers as well as the team.
- Excellent telephone manner and great written communication skills at all levels. To show empathy and understanding during calls as and when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy is imperative. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate brilliantly at all levels with members of the public and business colleagues alike, particularly over the phone.
- A ‘can do’ attitude aimed at resolving queries and disputes with customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- The ability to build rapport and be personable on the phone and in writing.
- Strong written skills. You’ll need to be comfortable writing freely (we don’t like templates) and have excellent knowledge of grammar and spelling. You’ll also need an eye for detail and the ability to adapt your writing style accordingly.
- Comfortable working within a robust framework of policies and administrative processes but also comfortable making alternative suggestions outside of the usual framework when it’s right to.
- Great time management skills and with a self-starter attitude.
- The ability to remain calm and think on your feet. These qualities are foremost as you’re presented with new situations on a daily basis, with potentially far-reaching ramifications.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills and proficient in using a computer, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- To remain calm and in control in high pressured situations and not take complaints personally or get overly emotional when dealing with emotional issues.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, not including breaks. Variable shifts to include evenings and weekends.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Health & dental care