Hotel Porter - Grantley Hall
- Flexible approach to working hours as weekend work and early/late shifts are required due to the nature of the Hospitality Industry.
- Full, clean driving licence is desirable .
- Experience in a similar position in a luxury environment is desirable, however full training will be given.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a polite etiquette essential.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Use of own initiative with willingness to go above and beyond in supporting the wider Grantley Hall team.
- To greet all guests with a warm and welcoming approach.
- To make any suggestions for guests entertainment, dining and any other engagements.
- To assist with the organisation of on site events, such as weddings or meetings
- To direct or show guests to hotel amenities throughout the duration of their stay
- To take guest luggage to the correct rooms adhering to the correct SOP’s
- Giving guests a warm greeting when checking in to the hotel, offering help where needed to every guest.
- Park and retrieve guest cars as appropriate, securing the keys behind reception/in the concierge safe.
- Have a varied knowledge of the area, schedule arrangements for hotel guests such as carriages, reservations, route planning.
- Moving furniture and setting up rooms for events, ensuring the hotels 5 star standards are met.
- Ensuring the hotel lobby and surrounding areas are kept spotless, polishing reflective surfaces and dust free throughout.
- Maintain that the appearance, cleanliness and safety standards are adhered to.
- Assist in other areas of the hotel when needed.
- Ensuring that you are staying proactive during less demanding periods.
- Ensure all guests needs are met if not exceeded.
- Ensuring you are meeting procedure guidelines.
- Must possess a polite phone etiquette and communication skills.
- Must have impeccable grooming standards.
- Report any complaints or issues to the concierge or front office manager.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants – ranging from fine dining to Pan-Asian experience dining and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for full time and part time Hotel Porter's in our Front Office team.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
- Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
- We are proud to be accredited by The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
- We offer all team members free confidential and confidential assessments, personal fitness programmes and we can offer nutritional advice.
- We encourage a balanced diet by offering complimentary balanced meals whilst on duty,
- We are proud to be a mindful employer and we have mental health first aiders on site.
- We regularly hold health and well-being events to ensure we are supporting you and your goals accordingly.
- We have a confidential 24/7 team assistance line that offers you free telephone counselling as well as legal and financial advice and support.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES