IT Project Manager - Leeds
Are you interested in working on one of the largest retail transformation projects in the world?
Asda Technology are looking for a number of Project Managers with a solid background of working on large complex transformation retail projects. This is truly a 'once in a career' opportunity so if you like to be kept busy then you'll definitely enjoy this role!
Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work - the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future.
You'll report into the Senior Programme Manager where you won't have any direct reports, but you'll have the opportunity to help mentor other colleagues within the team and department, and will matrix manage the project team.
You'll join the team on a 2 year fixed term position. As the technology team is set to grow dramatically, a number of other exciting new roles will become available in future.
- You will be responsible for creating and delivering project plans as well as prioritisation of project activity to meet the overall business project objectives and strategy.
- You could be managing projects within an Agile or Waterfall methodology, so ideally, you will have experience in both and how they can be blended.
- You will be responsible for project budgets, costs, timescales, resource utilisation, and adhering to governance standards, ensuring your projects are managed effectively.
- You will work with multiple vendors and internal teams to ensure on time delivery at high quality.
- You will identify, communicate and resolve risks, concerns, issues, and dependency blockers, initiating appropriate escalation to the Senior Programme Manager where required
- You will deliver high quality products and services in a fully serviceable state including hand-over to Service support teams.
- You are an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of project delivery, utilising methodologies such as Waterfall & Agile into challenging, complex and fast paced Retail environments.
- You will have experience of managing cross functional resource and motivating diverse teams.
- You will have experience of Microsoft Project, and creating and maintaining project plans
- You will have Retail project delivery or transformation experience
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or 5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE HIGH AMOUNT OF VACANCIES IN THE TEAM, WE WILL KEEP THE ROLE OPEN FOR 4 WEEKS, SO YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A DELAY IN FEEDBACK.