Senior Full Stack Engineer (Mobile) - Leeds
ASDA Technology is going through a significant transformation from a traditional delivery organisation, to a Digital and DevOps based model with a relentless focus on our customer. A fantastic opportunity is available for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our Scrum Teams. You'll need to have significant hands on experience with front end languages including design, build and operate of cloud based services, in a mobile environment.
In return you'll get to see the Applications your team build being used by Colleagues and Customers.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will design and build test-driven features following SOLID principles to create well structured, maintainable and scalable software - that is secure by default. You will follow the best practices of BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke Testing and lead group discussions on the design of particular area and understand the domain well enough to work with Product Managers to drive value. You will be responsible for supporting production systems, resolving incidents and performing root cause analysis and will be a key contributor to the Software community of practise and drive a culture of knowledge sharing. Finally, you will develop and maintain ASDAs development principals and coding guidelines.
- Experience of profiling and optimising code and understanding of SOLID principles to create well structured, maintainable software.
- Experience of designing complex mobile solutions utilising cloud technologies
- Practitioner of committing code early and often, that demonstrates your understanding of version control & branching strategies
- Experience in DevOps and Lean/Agile environment and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as: BDD and TDD
- Able to mentor and develop those around you and share knowledge with the wider software community
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You Will Also Get An Excellent Benefits Package Including
- Company car or 5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.