Fitness Coach - Bolton
At Total Fitness, we are made of more. We provide more ways to get fit, stay in shape, and more support to keep our members focused. Our 17 health clubs across the North of England and Wales provide a full service fitness offering; guided by our knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, we work hard to meet the individual needs of our members.
We began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and our belief is stronger than ever today. We know that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, that’s why our large health clubs offer a range of facilities to stay fit- extensive gym floors, three swimming pools, over 70 classes a week, indoor running tracks, ladies only gyms and family facilities. Variety provides our members a route to all-encompassing fitness that lasts longer than a one off spin class.
Over 600 staff, with support from our fitness partners, deliver our purpose daily to over 95,000 members.
We’re made of more, because you are.
What's it all about?
We are looking for someone who can actively encourage our members' wellbeing and focused on helping them achieve their goals. You will need to be passionate about our member’s needs, and help advise and train them to maintain our thousands of members. You will need to be pro-active and outgoing to communicate with members and uphold a professional relationship. You will also be teaching a mixture of classes that we have scheduled.
This position requires a Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate, with the desire to work toward Level 3.
What does the role involve?
- To conduct inductions and fitness assessments with members, and prescribe safe and effective exercise programmes
- To provide a presence on the gym floor and be available at all times to assist members with their exercise programmes and ensure that they are using the equipment correctly
- To deliver class programmes, teach at least one or two classes whilst on shift (including kids classes) and take programmes for children as appropriate
- To help maintain all fitness equipment and assist in the maintenance of cleaning equipment and the gym floor
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate we are looking for to join our team is:
- Fun and friendly
- Qualified instructor
- Passionate about fitness
- Member focused
- Excellent communicator
- Willing to go the extra mile to help members
- Able to create an upbeat an energetic feel in classes
In return we will offer you:
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free membership for you and a loved one plus 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
If you are interested, don't waste any time and apply now!