Park Safety Assistant
St Ives Bay Holiday Resort
Full Time – Seasonal
Remuneration: £8.91 an hour
What we need in a nutshell
This is not a typical Security role. It’s much better! Based at the beautiful location of St Ives Holiday Resort, you will be keeping our holiday makers secure as well as helping them out when they need assistance.
Who are we?
St Ives Bay Holiday Park has recently been welcomed as our eight much-loved resort; with 120-acre the park is nestled amongst the sand dunes with direct beach access while enjoying wide-ranging views towards St Ives. With 800 well-appointed chalets, static caravans and camping pitches, St Ives Bay Holiday Park is a Cornish jewel that with soon offer al the unique facilities and events that Away Resorts have become renowned for.
What you’ll be doing
You will be making sure the park is secure and safe, predominantly during the evenings and overnight. You will be a reassuring presence for guests and you’ll be there in an emergency. It’s a varied and exciting job with responsibilities that include:
- Welcoming guests into our park at the entrance and monitoring vehicles that wish to gain access
- Patrolling the park by foot and vehicle, ensuring the perimeters are secure and all is well within the park
- Occasional door duties and checking the passes of guests using the entertainment complex.
- Helping guests with out-of-hours problems and delivering gas on the occasion a guest may have run out.
- Dealing with any conflict/security/service related issues and taking a proactive approach wherever possible.
And who knows what else you may find yourself doing. As long as you’re happy to help even when it’s ‘not your job,’ you’re our sort of person.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times, so you will need to work your magic on the majority of bank holidays and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
This is a great role for the right person and we will provide full training and induction, so lots of experience is not as important as the right attitude. The only ‘must-haves’ are
- A full UK driving license
- Customer service skills – we want someone who is friendly and cheerful to our guests
- Evidence of problem solving skills
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centered ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Nice to have but not essential
It would be great if you tick some of these boxes too (but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t).
- Experience of working in a holiday park
- First Aid Level 3 (desirable)
- Full driving licence
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our Promise to You
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. From our investors, to our teams we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. Afterall, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want to bring your whole self to work!