Bank Porter - Woking
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Bank Porter in our Woking Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
In this varied and physical role as a Hospital Porter you will;
- Collect and return patients to their individual rooms following surgery.
Work alongside trained professionals ensuring that the theatre environment and equipment is fully functioning.
- Support the cleaning of theatre equipment and environment.
- Be working in a fast moving clinical environment, with constant interaction with the Theatre Team.
To succeed as a Porter you will;
- Be comfortable with a physical role which involves pushing beds and lifting heavy equipment.
- Be a good communicator as part of your role will be ensuring that patients are feeling as relaxed and reassured prior to their surgery.
- Comply with Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks if successful.
* Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
* Access to our Pension Scheme.
* Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £10.00 per hour
Closing date - 10/05/2021
Location- Woking Hospital
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.