General Assistant - The Lion Hotel - Nottinghamshire
- JOB TITLE: General Assistant
- LINE MANAGER: Operations Manager
To assist the Operations Manager in the smooth running of the department. Ensure the delivery of the hotel standards and the achievement of the hotel’s business objectives.
1. People & Teamwork…believing in people and team work is second nature to us;
2. Caring for Guests guest service is at the heart of everything we do;
3. Better than our competitors… we know our competition is and strive to be better than them
4. Continuous Improvement…we’ve got to where we are by always pushing ourselves to be the best – listening, learning and acting.
• Continually exceed Guest expectations, maintain high Guest satisfaction
ratings on all social media channels
• Assist in the daily running of the department and ensure that the hotel Standards
• Strive to run a perfect guest focused shift whenever you are on duty.
• Undertake other duties as required by the management team and as required by the
• Communicate and liaise with all team members, all departments demonstrating a willingness to embrace company and hotel standards.
• Provide a safe working environment for the team & guest by following company fire
safety and security procedures.
• To be fully aware of all promotions, activities and events taking place at the hotel.
• To support other departments as required to ensure that labour is well managed
and resources and skill are utilised according to business needs.
• Identify areas where a cost saving can be met, without compromising on hotel
• Support any processes or systems in place to deliver efficient shifts, and follow company financial policies.
• Maintain good relationships with all guests, where possible establishing leads for
• Identify any opportunities to grow business and share knowledge and information
with the management team.
• Build relationships with local companies and organisations to support sales and
business growth. e.g. companies that provide a service to the business who could
recommend the hotel
• Ensure effective handovers happen.
• To perform any additional duties as required by the management team.
• To liaise with all teams to ensure guests requirements are met, in line with hotel
• Ensure that public areas are clean and well-presented
• Ensure that guests are looked after and any immediate issues are dealt with.
Depending on requirement:
• Support the reception and housekeeping team by updating guest history and any administration required left by the previous shift
• Support the housekeeping team by moving linen to designated areas, and assisting with room cleans if required.
• Support the wider team by setting up the buffet and bar equipment, dusting public areas and setting up cleaning or vacuuming meeting rooms, public areas or back office, as required.
• Support the wider team by delivering room service orders, and assisting with bar and food service.
• Conduct hotel patrols at regular intervals (as directed by your management team) to monitor and control noise levels within the hotel
• Proactively manage guests returning to and departing from the hotel, with particular focus on reducing the impact of internal noise on our in house guests.
• Hospitality/retail experience preferable
• Passion for delivering a great guest experience
• Highly organised, confident and self-motivated
• High levels of energy and drive
• Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure