Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 at Grantley Hall
At Grantley Hall we are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef Apprentice who is enthusiastic and passionate to develop and learn about the industry. This is an incredible opportunity to develop a career as a chef.
- The apprenticeship consists of;
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1)
- An independent end assessment
- This qualification is, HIT Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2.
- This apprenticeship is suitable for those already in employment as well as those wishing to enter the hospitality industry.
- Progression from this apprenticeship could be to become a team or shift leader, supervisor, floor housekeeper, head housekeeper or executive head housekeeper.
- The apprenticeship course can take between 12 – 24 months, ending with an End Point Assessment.
- You will be assigned a HIT Trainer who will visit your workplace or have zoom calls throughout the apprenticeship.
- You will be required to do additional work set to you by your trainer and attend any 1-1’s, webinars or other video contact to discuss progress, mentor or be coached.
- Working as a commis chef is a great way of getting started in a kitchen; while it’s the most junior culinary role it provides a means of learning a range of key skills on the job.
- To assist the head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
- To work to safe and legal practices.
- To ensure the training standards are kept at all times.
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley standard.
- To work with the team to meet the set SOP’s given to you.
- To track, replenish and keep in date order the stock holding.
- To be pro-active in all actions and tasks set out for you.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene.
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills to complete day to day tasks.
- Working in a variety of kitchens in a 5 star establishment.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef Apprentice to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.