FULL TIME LEISURE TEAM LEADER - Waterside Farm & Runnymede Leisure Centres
£20,493 per annum (SCP 8)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and passionate full time Team Leader to join our award-winning team at Runnymede Leisure Centre and Waterside Farm Leisure Centre who is able to:
- Act as the right-hand person to the Leisure Duty Management and wider Management team, to assist in the day to day running and supervision of Castle Point Borough Council’s Leisure facilities;
- Act as Duty Manager responsible for the daily operation of the facility as and when required;
- Fulfil a lifeguarding role and to assist in the setting up of activity sessions, facility checks, cleaning, reception cover and other duties associated with the efficient running of our leisure venues;
- Act as an excellent workplace champion and role model to all employees;
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained at all times;
- Ensure we strive to offer highly focused customer run services, that creates fun and welcoming environments for all our customers to ensure their repeated custom.
Previous practical experience working within a leisure centre environment is essential. You will be required to work on a rota basis, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays and maintain reasonable flexibility in shift operations to suit the needs of the service.
Applicants must hold a valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification. Ideally Pool Plant, First Aid and Health and Safety Qualifications are desirable but we will consider providing all the necessary training to individuals who we believe will enhance the visitor experience and help us to achieve the high standards we aspire to.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Shane Williams on 01268 882399.
Please click apply now to contact us or call HR on 01268 882293/4 for an application pack. CVs alone will not be accepted.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on Wednesday 5th May 2021
The Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.