Sports Assistant/Lifeguard - London
Purpose of Job:
To provide excellent and efficient level of customer service and care to all members and visitors of JAGS Sports club. This will entail Lifeguard duties, the assignment of maintaining high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness throughout the facility, to assist in the erecting and dismantling of sports club equipment according to bookings made on the front of house computers and to promote good customer care whilst on duty.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for the safety of users whilst governing the pool in accordance to the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- To anticipate possible emergencies and where needed – to initiate rescue or evacuation and provide First Aid safely and carefully to stop possible escalation.
- Be proactively responsible for cleaning standards of the interior of the pool and surrounding poolside areas.
- Whilst off poolside it is the responsibility of Sports Assistant to inspect all ancillary areas such as changing rooms, lockers, cubicles, showers and toilets and be prepared to clean if necessary.
- To erect and dismantle sports and associated equipment when required or as directed by the Operations Supervisor. To also ensure that all Pool rescue equipment is checked and in place on a daily basis.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that pool water testing is performed.
- To carry out any other reasonable task from time to time that may be delegated by the Management team at JAGS Sports Club.
Essential criteria: Must hold a valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.