The Newt in Somerset - Farmyard Restaurant Manager
Possible Living in Accommodation Available
The Newt in Somerset is a unique destination, a 300-year-old estate complete with ancient woodland, verdant gardens and breath-taking views. Our hotel is a home to relax in, our gardens will inspire you and our food will nourish you. We are a place of wonderment, with Somerset at our heart!
The soon to open, Farmyard is nestled in the Somerset hillside, our newest hotel project which houses 17 beautiful guest rooms within a newly renovated farmhouse with outbuildings.
The Farmyard boasts a swimming pool, snug room, honesty bar and 40-cover restaurant. Open from breakfast through to dinner and using the finest produce from the estate, we cook in a wood fired oven and our chefs serve straight to the table. Seasonally lead, hearty yet humble sharing dishes with carafes of wine served in a beautiful stone barn, with relaxed yet high-end service and open kitchen.
Our Restaurant Manager will ensure smooth and efficient running of the front of house service for the Kitchen at The Farmyard. You will be confidant, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about hospitality. Prime focus is on our guest’s experience throughout the department and wider estate. A key focus is how you and your team delivers and upholds our exceptional service levels. Responsible for 8-10 staff. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with the Farmyard Head Chef is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business. A strong relationship with the restaurant manager of the Botanical Rooms and global culinary team is also essential in this position.
- Ensure the restaurant runs in the most productive and efficient way through management of costs, staffing controls, sales analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure guests receive the best possible experience, monitoring and managing guest expectations and continual improvements.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training, and retention. Team productivity, performance and presentation are crucial.
- Create systems to manage your team and overall presentation of your department
- F&B offering is to move with the seasons and are estate lead – liaise with kitchen and garden teams on a regular basis to ensure the best offering is always provided.
- Liaise with events team to ensure private dining and special events are executed well throughout the department.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel at management level for two years is required
- Confident yet approachable with outstanding leadership skills
- Great time management, self-motivating and driven
- Great business acumen
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and good tech skills
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities