Kitchen Porter - Brighton
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
Your main priority is to ensure our kitchen/s run smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic. When a kitchen is busy, equipment will need to be cleaned quickly and be ready for chefs and service staff to use. In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can sometimes be involved in food preparation.
- Good level of physical fitness - not just because you’re on your feet all day, but also for unloading deliveries
- Ability to work alone with minimal instruction, be self-led and take initiative along with working as part of a larger team
- Good time management skills – Our kitchens get busy, so keeping on top of routine tasks whilst being able to deal with ad-hoc extra duties is essential
- Ability to communicate well across the team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and follow instruction
- Awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
The Old Ship Hotel is Brighton’s most historic hotel, is located on the famous seafront, and is just a short walk from superb shopping, entertainment and other attractions including Britain’s oldest aquarium, Brighton Pier and the British Airways i360. With parts dating back to 1559, The Old Ship Hotel is steeped in history and royal connections, yet in the heart of this vibrant city, easily accessible from London by road and rail, it’s perfect for discovering Brighton’s fascinating Regency past, strolling on the promenade, or simply enjoying a day on the beach.
- Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
- Retail and travel discounts
- Recruit a friend Scheme
- Induction and training programme
- Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
- Pension scheme
- Meals on Duty
- Cycle 2 work scheme*
- Free use of Gym
* apply to positions above minimum wage