Hotel Chefs - The Newt in Somerset
We are looking for talented dedicated chefs to work in our Hotel Restaurants.
Staff Accommodation Available.
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Food is a passion across the estate. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers. We make what we can inhouse which includes bakery and pastry items, cheeses, fermented goods, preserves and chutneys and of course amazing meals!
Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing our Hotel with Restaurant. We also have a new opening soon which will increase the number of bedrooms and add another restaurant to the business!
We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in all our restaurants. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
As a member of our culinary team you must share our passion for food, feel inspired by seasons and have a connection with the land, eager to seize what our Estate has to offer. The Newt can offer opportunities to grow as a chef, developing skill sets in different kitchens with different food styles. We are looking for like minded driven cooks who want to create amazing food from stunning produce. Kitchen team members are the engine room of our kitchens, driving our productivity and creativity.
- Maintaining high standards of work as directed by kitchen lead
- Being flexible, creative, driven
- Being customer led and focused , ensuring our guests enjoy amazing experiences
- Ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen and high standards of food safety
- Supporting senior kitchen team members, training junior kitchen team members
- Fully engaging in the estate and all its offering
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar operation desirable
- Ability to work under pressure in the public eye
- Confidence in talking to others
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities