Holiday Services Manager/Administration Manager - West Mersea Holiday Park
- Salary £22,500 per annum
- Full Time/Permanent
- Location : West Mersea Holiday Park, Mersea Island CO5 8DA
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
We are looking for a Permanent Holiday Services Manager/Administration Manager to join our team at our West Mersea Holiday Park.
If you enjoy working with customers and possess excellent administration and organisational skills, then we would love to hear from you.
West Mersea Holiday Park is fantastically located directly on the highly desirable West Mersea Beach. One of our smaller, quieter parks where it is all about the location, it's a perfect place to unwind after a day at work, whilst taking in the beautiful scenery. The nearby sea and breezy conditions are perfect for sailing and boating, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- To ensure that the operation meets the legal requirements, such as gas safety certificates and portable appliance testing certificates.
- Maximise occupancy of holiday hire fleet.
- Ensure that records are kept on each Holiday Home, such as records of carbon monoxide alarms and smoke alarms.
- Ensure chalets/Holiday Homes have keys all counted for.
- To operate a cash point and control monies and reception safe
- To complete all Welcome Packs with corresponding programmes, membership cards etc.
- To welcome and check in our Guests in a friendly, helpful and approachable manner
- To oversee and support the Housekeeping team
- To monitor the standards of work of all cleaners within own area of work, ensuring work is to the agreed operating standards
- To set up and maintain a reliable and efficient system to deal with all correspondence and matters outstanding from statutory bodies. To include understanding requirements of these bodies, documentation of action taken and indicators of outstanding requirements and deadlines for completion, by giving timely accurate information to General Manager.
- To ensure the timely completion of the weekly site return information required by Head Office.
- To ensure all seasonal hours are recorded accurately
- To ensure that Group Purchase agreements are fully observed and that purchase procedures in general are implemented. This will include adherence to ordering and payment procedures and the timely dispatch of invoices to Head Office.
- Understanding and complying with the Accounts Department Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure all relevant managers and staff have copies/access to their up to date procedures both when they join and on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure written company procedures as contained in the Procedure Manual are maintained up to date and are readily available. To have a working knowledge of these procedures sufficient to perform the above function.
- To become expert in the compilation, presentation and production of relevant management information as required by department heads of the business and the General Manager.
- To identify possible opportunity’s to move your department forward.
- To set up and maintain a reliable and efficient system to deal with all correspondence and matters.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A proven excellent customer service record
- Good PC skills including knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A professional and outgoing personality
- A clear understanding of and ability to maintain Company confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work under own initiative
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (Incl Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Our parks offer high quality facilities, fantastic accommodation, and top class entertainment – coupled with an idyllic destination, it is the perfect holiday for families that are looking for a combination of holiday fun and relaxation. We have something to suit every taste and budget, ranging from modest but comfortable caravans, to luxurious lodges.