Chef De Partie - Visitor Attraction - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
The Engineering Department looks after the Companies assets (Buildings, Mechanical plant and Vehicles), conducting scheduled checks and preventive maintenance in all areas of the estate. Engineering also respond to hotel guest and visitor attraction maintenance issues as well as the routine maintenance of let properties.
This is a role for an energetic hands on person to apply his/her trade in a variety of ways. Working as part of a team and on their own. Weekend work and being on call in a roster is required.
- Servicing, testing and certification commensurate with qualifications and experience of Central Heating systems across the estate
- A multi skilled engineer with a kean eye for detail to resolve common issues with heating, plumbing, and general building maintenance
- Problem solving including power outages, leaks and appliance issues across the estate.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Domestic Gas Safe Qualified and or working towards commercial qualified status
- 5+ years’ experience
- Some areas are in confined spaces and some heavy lifting is required.
- Hospitality experience an asset, working with guests in a timely and professional manner
- Self-managing and ordering of items required.
- Self-motivated with a sense of initiative and pride in helping guests and visitors
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities