Product Developer/ Owner - Visitor Attraction - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquillity. Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
Mobile Newt is an online food delivery service, a new business developed to adapt The Newt Estate during the Covid-19 pandemic. Mobile Newt has proven to be extremely popular and is now thriving, delivering fresh product locally and in London as well as ambient goods nationwide via a courier network. Provenance is at the heart of what we do here at The Newt and we pride ourselves on delivering our fresh, quality produce direct to our customers. Working in a business which strives for excellence and an eye for detail, Mobile Newt works with the estate departments to develop new products, increasing our offering and showcasing the best of the estate.
We are looking for a product owner for our Cyder, wine and gifting ranges. This is an exciting opportunity that blends physical product development, packaging and digital product. You will take ownership of our core ranges to deliver an engaging end to end customer experience and deliver against our growth targets.
You will collaborate with our Cyder, wine, product development and comms teams to coordinate new product launches and optimise performance of the products currently in these ranges. For example our Cyder club has a growing base of loyal members who receive quarterly boxes filled with limited edition cyders and bottles from our core range with tasting sessions and tours of our cyder press. It is a showcase of one of our flagship ranges.
Gifting is a key part of the Mobile Newt experience with a calendar full of occasions that culminates in a busy festive period. With new products launching throughout the year you will be have ample opportunity to deliver exciting gifting experiences to our customers through digital and physical touch points.
- Taking ownership of the category to drive customer experience and commercial performance
- Ensuring a full calendar of exciting gifting products are available to customers throughout the year
- Work with teams across the estate to coordinate the launch of an exceptional seasonal ranges
- Work with the web, comms and merchandising to ensure our digital and physical product experiences are aligned
Skills and Experience
- You build strong relationships with colleagues, suppliers and partners
- You have product management, project management or merchandising experience
- You are comfortable working across physical, digital products and packaging
- You are collaborative and enjoy the challenge of bringing new products into the range on a regular basis
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- You understand the customer and how to create a plan around their needs
- Your communication skills are excellent and you ensure all stakeholders are well informed at each stage of a project
- You have a passion for food and drink
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities