Conference & Banqueting Manager - Rhinefield House Hotel, New Forest
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and charming Conference and Banqueting Manager to join our team. If turning someone’s dream event into a reality is your idea of the perfect job, this is the role for you.
You are the ultimate ‘people person’, able to charm wedding couples, organise suppliers, and inspire your permanent and casual team members to be their best. Whether it’s a conference, a private dining event, a wedding or a big birthday bash, you’ll take the reins and oversee the event from start to finish (including the all-important set up and clear downs), while always keeping a cool head. The ecstatic faces of our guests as they “thank you for all your help!” will be a regular highlight to your working week.
Of course, this requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- You’ll have previous experience working in a similar role
- You will have experience of managing teams and will enjoy motivating others to be their best
- You’ll be motivated by delivering the best events for our guests
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Rhinefield House Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 50 bedrooms, 2 Rosette restaurant and a variety of conference and event function rooms. It is a popular wedding venue set in the heart of the New Forest.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.