Optical Manager - Great YarmouthAbout the Role
If you're all about delivering exceptional service and going the extra mile you'll love the buzz of our in-store practice. You'll bring more than an outstanding knowledge of frames and lenses; you'll be passionate about providing customers with great optical products at great value as well as managing the department and inspiring your team to be their best every day. Together, you'll drive forward sales whilst aiming to become the most trusted optician in the local community.
Thanks to our single price point, single vision glasses are the same price as varifocals and we have no top-ups like thinner lenses, anti-reflection and scratch resistant coatings, these are all included! This means that as an Optical Manager, you can focus on what you do best which is managing and coaching your team as well as providing great patient care and honest advice.
Your career development:
We'll support your professional development through Continuing Education and Training. Alongside professional support for everyone in our Optical teams, you'll also have a guaranteed place at our annual Optical Conference where we share best practice and new ideas. You'll also receive training in our Retail Academy and Centre of Excellence.
You'll be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of the Optical department, its commercial metrics and the colleagues working in it.
- Ensuring the department and team remain safe and legal.
- Ensuring customers get the best legally dispensed optical products.
- Planning eye tests and contact lens clinics that meet customers' needs.
- Training, coaching and inspiring your colleagues.
- Driving the business forward.
You'll want to deliver outstanding clinical care to our customers in an exciting, progressive environment. You'll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
- You'll need to be registered with the General Optical Council as a fully qualified Dispensing Optician.
- You'll be registered performer with your NHS area team or Health Board and be on track to meet the statutory points requirement for Continued Education & Training (CET).
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, these include 10% off your Asda shopping and a second card for a member of your household, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking, cinemas and healthcare.
We also offer flexible working patterns as well as payment of professional indemnity insurance, paid GOC fees and opportunity to obtain interactive and non-interactive CET points.
Apply today by completing an online application...