Academy Health and Wellbeing Physiologist - Cambridge
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as an Academy Health and Wellbeing Physiologist in our Cambridge Fitness & Wellbeing Gym and play your part in building a healthier nation.
If you have a passion for helping people to feel fitter and healthier, see clients as individuals and want to make a difference, and not just a living, now's the time to apply to Nuffield Health. In this entry role to our Physiology department, as an Academy Physiologist, you will;
- Become part of a team who are leading the way in regards to integrated healthcare, promoting health and fitness as part of our holistic, comprehensive health service, supporting prevention as well as rehabilitation and recovery.
- Deliver health assessments designed to support our clients in achieving their health and wellbeing goals through effective lifestyle management.
- Benefit from working alongside a multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Physiologists, Physiotherapists and other health professionals, as well as the relevant operational managers.
- To ensure that you succeed in the role you will complete an in-house three week training course at the start of the role covering aspects from nutrition and exercise to cancer, pathology, emotional wellbeing, behaviour change and coaching techniques.
- This training will guide you through your career in Physiology and get you ready to deliver our innovative health assessments with the highest standards of care.
- This training will form part of your Level 7 Professional Diploma (MSc equivalent) to which Nuffield Health sponsors all successful applicants to complete within the first 18 months of their employment.
- However, this is only the beginning as Physiologists also have full access to our Nuffield Academy which is dedicated to the professional development of all its employees. It's also important that you share our values.
So you'll be passionate and caring in the service you provide. Like us, you believe in putting clients first, so you'll have the freedom to do what's right for your clients, always seeking better ways of doing things. We combine the best disciplines of business with social values. We measure success not only by the profits we make but also by our ability to improve people's health. Both rely on clients' long-term satisfaction with the services we deliver through professionals like you. What we are looking for:
- The minimum requirement is a 2:2 Sport and Exercise Science degree, or an equivalent Bachelor of Science degree.
- You'll be able to prove that you've studied human physiology, exercise, biochemistry, anatomy/biomechanics, psychology and nutrition.
- The practical application of this knowledge is also essential, so relevant experience is desired.
It's not only our patients and clients who we help live life to the full, it's our employees too. With our support, training, career development, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life. This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK by bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide integrated care- health as it should be.
As the UK's leading healthcare social enterprise, every penny we make is reinvested in our resources. It means that together, we can all do the right thing for our patients, clients and employees.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Location - Default Cambridge, with expected travel in the region
Contract Type - Full time (40 hours)
Salary - £ £21,649 per annum
Closing date - 06/05/2021
CVs will be shortlisted after the closing date as we ensure we review all application please be patient as we process these.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if required. Successful candidates will be expected to attend training camp.
Training camp scheduled for August 2021, with assessments to take part in the July should you pass the shortlisting process.