Assistant Gardener at Grantley Hall
We are currently looking for an Assistant Gardener to ensure the Estate and Gardens are maintained to the highest standard by working as part of the Estates team. Although you will be responsible for maintaining your own dedicated areas and gardens.
To assist is ensuring all health and safety practices, work schedules and legal requirements are adhered to and correct procedures followed.
- To be part of the Gardening team.
- To maintain the Estate and Gardens to the highest level of presentation.
- To be able to work as a team member and communicate effectively at all levels.
- As part of the Estates team carry out all necessary tasks as instructed by the Estates manager.
- To ensure the highest levels of presentation of the Estate are always kept.
- To complete daily work recording in a timely manner.
- To ensure daily health and safety checks are carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy.
- To participate willingly in organised training sessions within the hotel and Estates department.
- To be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure at times.
- To maintain a high standard of good personal hygiene and presentation.
- Cutting and maintaining lawns and grass to a variety of finishes, using a variety of machines.
- Estate work and Garden care, leaf-clearing and occasional litter picking including empty bins.
- Greenhouse and nursery practices.
- To live the Grantley Hall Values everyday day without compromise.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional persona in all circumstances.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
- A flexible approach to work is required.
- To have experience in working in a large garden.
- Good knowledge of plants, lawncare, glasshouse work, machinery.
- Horticultural experience, 3 to 5 years.
- Experience in working on chef’s kitchen garden desirable.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Gardener to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.