Maintenance Engineer - THE PIG, Brockenhurst, Hampshire
Full-Time, including some weekends.
Start date: Immediate start.
We are currently seeking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our skilled team.
THE PIG opened in 2011 and is based in Brockenhurst, New Forest. We are more than a boutique hotel, THE PIG is a multi-award-winning restaurant with rooms. Home grown in every way from the food we cook to the people we employ.
As Maintenance Engineer you will work as part of a small team, cohesively maintaining the functionality, efficiency, health & safety of the hotel. The ability to manage preventative maintenance is key, along with knowledge and understanding of fire safety. On a day-to-day basis you will need to be hand on, expressing a ‘can do’ attitude is a must as you will be responsible for the repair of any damaged facilities and equipment. Additional duties may include organising contractors and helping coordinate any renovations and remodelling projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and people skills. Previous Maintenance/General Building experience is essential. With limited staff accommodation available, this role is ideally suited to a candidate who resides locally and has access to their own vehicle.
Exposure or relevant qualifications covering the following is preferred:
- PAT Testing & Electrical Qualifications
- Strong understanding of Plumbing / Gas & Heating / Plant Room Management / Carpentry
- Fire Safety Qualifications
- Health & Safety Qualifications
We are dedicated to making THE PIG an inspiring, exciting, and fun place to work and in return you can expect something a little different:
– Numerous retail discounts via our Perkbox Scheme
– Discounted room rates and complimentary staff stays across our group
– Discounted food & beverage
– 28 days holiday rising by 1 day each year for the first 5 year