Server in EightyEight
[To Start in May]
Server in EightyEight at Grantley Hall
We are currently looking for a server to assist the Restaurant and Bar Manager to operate the EightyEight Restaurant to reach the standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
Assisting and supporting the Restaurant and Bar Manager in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
- Supporting the operation of the EightyEight Restaurant to the required five-star standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
- To assist controlling the atmosphere of the venue, ensure lighting and music are appropriate and inviting, will need to be adjusted at appropriate times of the day.
- Set up and breakdown of the restaurant.
- Serving customers directly during busy periods and be able to completely cover the job description of each front of house role.
- You will need to make sure the venue is clean and that inappropriately loud /drunk /unsavoury people are dealt with and moved on.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- To have outstanding customer service skills.
- To be presentable and smart in appearance at all times.
- To treat customers and team members with respect.
- All new customers get a friendly greeting, all leaving ones get a sincere goodbye.
- To make sure every time you interact with a customer you are friendly and talkative, even under pressure
- To enjoy going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience
- To ensure that you follow the challenge 25 policy strictly.
- When time allows you should be able to enjoy chat with your customers and enjoy yourself.
- To ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience.
- To ensure areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To deal with or escalate customer complaints immediately and effectively.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Server to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.