Host at Grantley Hall
We are currently looking for a Host to assist our restaurant managers with operating our restaurants to reach the standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
The Host will also be responsible for assisting and supporting the Restaurant Manager in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
- Take table reservations for internal & external over the phone.
- Input correctly the reservations into the restaurants booking system.
- Ensure that non-resident restaurant arrival calls are done 72 hours prior to the booking and these are logged.
- Prepare the running sheets for each service and ensure that the kitchen and bar have a copy.
- Prepare the daily report to send to F&B HODs and GM.
- Be present on the floor during service times and circulate.
- Ensure all areas of our restaurants are up to 5* standards at all times.
- Be mindful of lighting, temperature and music levels throughout the restaurant and bar areas.
- Ensure all menus, including beverage, are kept up to date and presentable.
- Ensure team have correct allergens and dish spec sheets.
- Greet customers as they step into the hotel facility.
- Provide helpful and inviting environment for guests.
- Answer questions asked by guests accurately.
- Constantly remind servers of guests waiting.
- Estimate wait times for guests.
- Monitor guest waiting list.
- Provide a menu for customers and explain the specials or allergens.
- Regularly check the reservation book for next meal reservations.
- Ensure that guests are being attended to.
- Escort guests to their seats, provide them with a clean and correct menu.
- Schedule reservations in advance for guest.
- Ensure that all guests requirement are met in a timely manner.
- Introduce guests to their servers.
- Make contact with guests as they leave, help them with their coats and bid them goodbye.
- Constantly, liaise with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- Good management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to multitask.
- Possess enthusiastic spirit.
- A friendly and an outgoing disposition.
- Smart and energetic personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Previous experience in related industry or similar role.
- Ability to cope with challenging situations.
- Ability to put smiles on people’s faces.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possess interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Host to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements. On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.