As we reopen for a get ready for a busy year ahead, we are looking for a bright, bubbly, and committed individuals to join our Kitchen team as Staff Canteen Assistants, working in a COVID safe, supportive, trusted, respectful and caring environment at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
Our Staff Canteen Assistants
are responsible for serving lunch and dinner to our hard-working team, ensuring that we deliver the same personal and memorable experience to each of them as we do for our guests and everyone enjoys a fantastic rest break experience.
In a full-time role, hours of work are mainly during the day between 10:00am and 7pm, around 35 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends. We also have more flexible opportunities for part time work and are looking for additional team members to work around 20 hours over 2 to 3 days.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great benefits package
including complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
We are looking for people with a good all-round knowledge of food and someone who is passionate about working with people. You will need to enjoy communicating with people, have a great eye for detail, fantastic “customer service” skills and great organisational skills. The ideal applicants will have previous experience within a Restaurant, Kitchen or Food environment.
Your main work would include:
- Preparing and cleaning the areas ready for the day ahead
- Collecting any items of food for use as staff food from each section of the kitchen.
- Ensuring all tables are kept clear of dirty crockery and cutlery, and a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the day.
- Ensuring the floor is swept and mopped regularly and bins are emptied and kept clean, all rubbish correctly disposed of.
- Washing up any crockery and cutlery items as necessary and clear any cooking trays or dishes to the appropriate area for washing.
- From time to time, cooking/ re-heat main course dishes as required for the day to day feeding of staff on duty, lunch and dinner
- From time to time, preparing food for the salad bar i.e. cold meat, salads etc.
Don’t let the exciting opportunity to join our #exceptionalteam
in the role of Staff Canteen Assistant
pass you by. We’re progressive, independent, and free-spirited - it’s just the fabric of the building that’s historic, not our approach to business! If you’re looking for the #bestplacetowork
, look no further!