Supply Chain Analyst - Leeds
Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Analyst
Based at Asda House in Leeds
Looking for an opportunity that's fun, fast paced, customer focused and commercial with fantastic development opportunities?
Then look no further! Our Supply Chain teams are at the 'heart' of our business and front and centre of all we do. By working collaboratively with our Buying, Merchandising and Merchandise Planning teams, they focus on delivering excellent availability for our customers and cost savings to the business. From the fast, reactive world of fresh food supply right through to planning Imported goods and vital store projects there are many areas of opportunity. A career in Supply isn't about 'pressing buttons', it's also about driving innovation, delivering results and landing initiatives which will impact our Stores and our Customers in an effective and reliable way. Joining our supply chain is the chance to take ownership of your own category, or Business projects to take control and influence ways of working and see your results come to life each time you step into a store.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Category demand planning and data analysis to ensure ongoing Forecast Accuracy
- Take ownership of shelf availability across your specific product area(s) or store projects and initiatives
- Grow and develop your specific product area by spotting trends, exploiting opportunities and pre-empting business risk Work cross functionally & collaborate with multiple central teams prioritizing your workload whilst managing expectations and escalating replenishment issues when appropriate
- Day to day management of suppliers, inventory levels and critical timescales to deliver individual projects
- Manage range changes, seasonal and promotional strategies
- Drive business improvement and cost saving initiatives across the supply chain
- Drive improved KPI performance
With experience gained in either a Retail store, Head office or Planning environments, you'll be motivated by a role which challenges you on a daily basis, tests your agility and satisfies your desire to achieve results. You'll relish being part of a passionate, energetic team which thrives under pressure as you work together to provide creative solutions; all with the customer in mind.
- You'll be highly numerate & analytical - you'll demonstrate commercial thinking and be capable of collating and evaluating data to support fact based recommendations
- You'll have experience of, or a passion for analyzing large amounts of data
- Excellent PC skills, to include strong Office Skills - e.g. Outlook / Excel and Word with knowledge of SQL / Alteryx and Tableau being an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop collaborative internal and external relationships
- A keen eye for detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- A team player with a natural ability to seek solutions and solve problems, you'll have either gained experience in a supply chain, merchandising or stock replenishment environment or be taking your first career step after education (training will be provided)
- Your attitude to achieve and learn in a changing environment will be vital.
Asda are dedicated to developing our colleagues and creating a great place to work. We also like to share our success, after all you make it happen, so every eligible colleague is part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we'll support you every step of the way to help further your career.
You'll receive an excellent benefits package which includes
- Competitive Salary and Pension Scheme
- Colleague discount
- Free Parking facilities