Contracts Manager - Leeds
Do you have a background in managing complex technology supplier relationships and want the opportunity to work on one of the largest Retail Separation programmes to date?
Asda are set to embark on one of the largest retail projects to date, implementing a largely Greenfield technology footprint across almost all areas of the business. As a result, we are doubling the size of our Technology Procurement Team.
We are looking for experienced Contract/Supplier Managers to help us define completely new relationships with key strategic partners in both the enterprise software, and professional services areas.
Joining the team now means you are right at the start of this exciting journey and will have the opportunity to shape the future supplier landscape in one of the largest transformation projects in the industry. As these are newly created roles, you will also have the opportunity to help define the day to day, bringing best practice and the expertise to set the right boundaries of the role.
You will lead and help define the relationship management framework for our key Tier 1 partners and will be managing some of our most integral technology partnerships long term.
You will have the opportunity to engage and influence Stakeholders, Consultants, and specialist contractors at all levels in both the separation programme and the core business.
You will be responsible for the management of supplier relationships, including contractual objectives, outcomes and risks. Ensuring appropriate quality, value and ways of working will be important.
Whilst the core element of the role will focus on a handful of important partners, the nature of the programme means multiple partners will need to work together effectively. An ability to foster collaboration between suppliers, our stakeholders and your colleagues will be essential part of the way of working.
- You will have experience of managing critical suppliers in the Technology, Consultancy or Professional Services space
- You will be comfortable leading and influencing stakeholders at a senior level both internally and within the supply base.
- You will enjoy and thrive in a busy and fast paced environment, comfortable with "working in the grey" at times; the ability to think critically, simplify complex issues successfully, and make yourself heard in a busy complex programme will be important
- You will have experience (or be capable) of building supplier relationship/contract management approaches from a zero base
- You will be commercially savvy and have proven a track record of creating value. Exposure to sourcing processes and negotiation would be an advantage.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- 5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.