Claims Handler - Leeds
ASDA is looking for ambitious and driven talent with Claims handling experience within either an insurance or legal background. Are you looking for a new challenge to develop your skills and experience? If so, this could be the right career move for you.
Our in-house Claims team are responsible for handling a range of Employer, Public and Product liability claims.
It's a fast-paced, high volume environment with a strong team ethic where everyone works towards the same shared goals. With a diverse caseload and varied stakeholder group, no two days are the same. Our Claims Handlers have a tangible outcome on the business and success is celebrated within the team.
We look to promote from within as such the development opportunities are endless and we'll support you every step of the way throughout your career.
- Managing and handling a portfolio of lower value Employers', Public and Product Liability claims from first notification through to settlement in accordance with current legislation, protocols, internal and insurer delegated authority requirements
- Investigating and determining the company's liability and managing individual claims reserves to ensure adequacy and integrity
- Implementing the most appropriate investigation methods/course of action and resolution with the relevant authorities on suspected fraudulent cases
- Reviewing, analysing and valuing medical reports and evidence of losses and negotiate quantum ensuring appropriate, fair, ethical and economic outcomes
- Determining appropriate control measures and risk improvements to prevent the reoccurrence of incidents or reduction of impact by identifying causes, trends and areas for improvements and providing proactive support, feedback and coaching on claims investigation and performance to stores, depots, regional managers and business units
- Instigating recovery of outlay from third parties and suppliers as appropriate
To be able to hit the ground running you'll ideally have experience of handling MOJ and non-MOJ Claims with an understanding of personal injury or alternative claims environments. You'll be dealing with key internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis and will need well-developed communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels and cross-functionally. You'll also need the ability to explain complex legal matters to non-legal personnel in a simple and succinct way.
It's a fast-paced high volume environment and so you will need strong attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to thrive under pressure with good planning, time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
There is a strong team ethic and you'll be expected to work collaboratively. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to drive the function forwards and the ability to demonstrate creative thinking and a desire to improve the claims handling process would be advantageous.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.