Chef De Partie - The Lion Hotel - Nottinghamshire
- JOB TITLE: Chef De Partie
- LINE MANAGER: Kitchen Manager
To assist the Kitchen Manager in the smooth running of the department. Ensure the delivery of the hotel standards and the achievement of the hotel’s business objectives.
1. People & Teamwork…believing in people and team work is second nature to us;
2. Caring for Guests guest service is at the heart of everything we do;
3. Better than our competitors… we know our competition is and strive to be better than them
4. Continuous Improvement…we’ve got to where we are by always pushing ourselves to be the best – listening, learning and acting.
• Assist in the daily running of the department and ensure that the hotel Standards
• Strive to run a perfect guest focused shift whenever you are on duty.
• Communicate and liaise with all team members, all departments demonstrating a willingness to embrace company and hotel standards.
• Provide a safe working environment for the team & guest by following company fire
safety and security procedures.
• To be fully aware of all promotions, activities and events taking place at the hotel.
• Ensure effective handovers happen.
• Helping the sous chef and Kitchen Manager to develop new dishes and menus
• Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
• Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Operations Manager/General Manager
• Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
• Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
• Responsible to supervise general assistants/kitchen Porters
• Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
• Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
• Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
• Ensure effective communication between team by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
• Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
• Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
• Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
• Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items
• Consults daily with the kitchen management team on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
• Guides and trains kitchen team on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
• Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
• Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
• Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
• Carry out any other duties as required by management.
Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
Able to work under pressure.
Excellent culinary catering talent.
At least 1 years’ experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
Level 2 NVQ in professional cookery