Hotel Bartender - The Newt in Somerset - Hotel
Accommodation Available - Great Gratuities
Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, library, bar and kitchen called the Botanical Rooms. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
Our bartenders ensure smooth and slick drink service in the Botanical Rooms restaurant and bar. You are be confidant, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about hospitality. Prime focus will be on guest’s experience throughout the department, supporting your manager in ensuring we deliver exceptional drink service. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your manager is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
- Ensure the Botanical Rooms bars run in the most productive and efficient way and have a good understanding of costs and staffing controls.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, enthusing your team to prevail.
- Pushing team productivity, performance and drink presentation.
- To have flair and passion for the food and drink industry.
- Have the skillset, experience and imagination to create seasonal cocktails from produce sourced from our estate.
- Adhere to systems to maintain overall presentation of the department to ensure high standards are upheld.
- Ensure your co-workers knowledge is current and correct, installing confidence in their delivery of your product.
- Liaise with events team to ensure private dining and special events are executed well throughout the department.
- Show willingness to understand stock control and costs.
- Ensuring health and safety legislation is adhered to; this will involve appropriate training.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Bartender (2year) in high-end restaurant or bar required
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Good wine knowledge
- Good understanding of seasonal and local produce
- Confident in service and feels comfortable talking to guests whilst showcasing and presenting drinks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Microsoft Office and basic computer skills required
- Previous experience working with ResDiary and communication platform Teams is preferred
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities